Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Book Review: The Girlfriends' Guide

I just recently finished up the book The Girlfriends' Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood by Vicki Iovine.

This book is a quick, easy read with lots of witty commentary that brings humor to the rough few months of motherhood. I wish I would have read this book before I had Lily but better late than never at all.

One key message that is repeated over and over again in the book is that you are not alone. That you are not alone in your thoughts, stresses, baby illnesses, breastfeeding issues, post partum emotions, post partum sex and the ever ominous question - When to have the second baby?



Her topics include:
-In the hospital
-Going home
-Assessing the damage
-Baby euphoria
-Blue, baby, blue
-And the baby makes three
-I am soooo tired, I haven't slept a wink
-I want my old body back!
-Sex? What sex?
-Food, glorious food!
-Keeping everybody healthy
-Going back to work
-The second baby

I would recommend this book to help you feel apart of the 'Mommy community' not for fantastic, scientific information on babies.

No comments: